Saturday, 9 June 2012

Holiday ... Cologne, Germany, Maastricht, Netherlands

 9th May

We disembarked the boat for a walking tour through the city centre of Cologne.  The major landmark was the gothic Cathedral of Cologne.














In the afternoon I went by coach to the Netherlands to see the historic city centre of Maastricht - home to Andre Rieu. 

It rained most of the time so we were restricted in going places outside.  We mainly looked through the boutiques.




 Bikes, bikes and more bikes!
A beautiful book store
beautiful architecture
 


In the days before street numbers, they used pictures usually of animals to identify places ... note the goat


No comments:

Post a Comment

Perth visit: September 2026 - Jodes and Jean to see Darryn

 For a week in September, Jodi and I visited Peters’ family members in Perth.  Jodes had some long service leave and I opted for a change of...