Saturday 24 October 2015

Springtime in the garden

A kalaeidoscope of colour in the garden, some plants flowering for the first time, some showier than others, some more fragrant but there's ablaze around the yard.  It's certainly a time of year when your efforts seem to be rewarded.


Red Hot Pokers in the front garden
These plants require absolutely no attention at all, drought tolerant and frost hardy and they just keep on flowering, they are a joy to view each spring.





Alana gave me these cuttings and they were unceremoniously shoved in the mulch and lo and behold some stunning blooms ...
.
Walking lillies?


The kangaroo paws are a delight to the driveway, just lovely and colourful to greet all comers ... the flowers last and last for ages.

Kangaroo Paws

Lantana
Common old lantana, it has no prickles and very easy to maintain so it's a winner in my garden.  My neighbour gave me a cutting and I have several patches of it in the garden beds.  I love the mass of yellow.


Feijoa-in-flower
I am really excited about the prospect of having fruit off the Feijoa.  I've applied potash to ensure the flowers hold on the tree etc.  but if the flowers all come to fruition there will be a feast cause the tree is covered!

Cat's Eyes or Blue Sapphire
A nice little filler or ground cover, this plant seems to flower on and off most times of the year - very easy to maintain.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BANJO aka Brat