Sunday 3 June 2018

ANOTHER Hole-in-one!

Does that sound like a skite or what?  It is!  My second thrill in the game of golf.


Me, the club, the ball and the pin where it all happened
Coincidentally my hole-in-one occurred during Round 2 of our championships in Gympie.  It was on a difficult par 3 (rating of index 3), on an elevated green protected by 2 humungous bunkers on either side and a very narrow strip of ground in the middle.  For the unconverted this is boring stuff but believe me it is a bit of a feat and of course a lot of luck involved.

As the tee was below the green no-one had the fortune of witnessing the actual happening but when we reached the green and no ball was to be seen anywhere except in the hole, there was much yelling and carrying on.

This event happened on the 9th hole whereby I scored one and on the next hole on a par 5 I ended with a 10!   As you can see I lost it for the following hole and had a shocker.

Anyway as the faithful will say that's the game of golf.  I had a couple of drinks in celebration.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BANJO aka Brat