Friday 26 September 2014

Queen of the Figure 8's

Another milestone in my motorcycle riding 'journey'! As of today I am a licensed motorbike rider.
The bit of paper I'm displaying says I am COMPETENT.  YAAAAY.

Smarty Pants

My practical skills riding test went rather well - out on the highway and around town.  The low speed skills were a bit more challenging for me but I managed them well in the controlled environment.  My figure 8's were 'touch and go' and I completed them doing it my way whereas the instructor wanted them done using a steady throttle and light back brake - anyway he decided I could control the bike at a slow speed round the figure 8 course.

Anyway this is the start of my independent rides, enjoying the open driving lifestyle and going on the odd group rides, only on fine days.  I plan to go to the gym, supermarket and dragon boat training etc. using the bike so I need to be super careful most of the time. May there be many biking days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BANJO aka Brat