Friday 6 April 2012

Mopoke (Owl) Quilt





 
My patchwork creation - a birthday present for our grandson Vance whose birthday is approaching. A single bed quilt and pillowcase with a 'hoot theme' comprising of brightly coloured squares.
David' nickname for Vance is Moe as his surname is Poke. In Australia they call owls Mopokes (in kiwi land they pronounce owls as Moreporks). So the owl theme was Dave's idea, he bought the materials and I sewed it together with support from Mary. From 'go to whoa' it was finished in 4 weeks - pretty good going.

1 comment:

  1. Naughty me got a sneak peek before it was sent! Looks great Mum - nice effort. I love the colours too! I know Van will love it! I'll keep it a secret, but I do plan to show him your blog at some stage so he can check it out himself. Jodes xxx

    ReplyDelete

BANJO aka Brat